Run for Break
Runners take to the hills of a north Norfolk estate next month to raise money for Sheringham charity Break.A third year of muddy madness takes place on February 24 at the Stody Estate near Holt.
Runners take to the hills of a north Norfolk estate next month to raise money for Sheringham charity Break.
A third year of muddy madness takes place on February 24 at the Stody Estate near Holt.
The charity, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, is hoping that more people than ever will take part in the annual run and exceed the £2,500 raised last year.
The event is geared to all ages and abilities, so Break is keen to recruit even more young athletes this year.
You may also want to watch:
There is a two-mile under-13 event, three miles for the under-17s as well as the main five-mile course for seniors.
The run started three years ago when the North Norfolk Beach Runners, Stody estate owner Adel MacNicol and the care charity all joined forces to create a winter fundraiser.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 3 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 4 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 5 Lifeboat launched to rescue broken down 30ft cruiser
- 6 Siblings united for pop-up selling burgers and ice cream on farm
- 7 Free lunch offer for mystery man who paid for woman's Lidl shopping
- 8 Testing plea for visitors as holiday season heats up
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
The course, which starts and finishes at the Hunny Bell Inn in Hunworth has proved to be a hit with the competitors.
Last year's winner, Beach Runner Jeremy Bolam said: “It was the best cross country course that I ran last season - a good mix of hills and some nice muddy bits. Fast stretches across fields and the beautiful scenery. I discovered parts of North Norfolk that I had never seen before. I can highly recommend this course for beginners and experienced runners alike - it is great fun.”
For booking forms and more information contact Liz Holman on 01263 820710.