Run for Break
Runners take to the hills of a north Norfolk estate next month to raise money for Sheringham charity Break.A third year of muddy madness takes place on February 24 at the Stody Estate near Holt.
Runners take to the hills of a north Norfolk estate next month to raise money for Sheringham charity Break.
A third year of muddy madness takes place on February 24 at the Stody Estate near Holt.
The charity, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, is hoping that more people than ever will take part in the annual run and exceed the £2,500 raised last year.
The event is geared to all ages and abilities, so Break is keen to recruit even more young athletes this year.
You may also want to watch:
There is a two-mile under-13 event, three miles for the under-17s as well as the main five-mile course for seniors.
The run started three years ago when the North Norfolk Beach Runners, Stody estate owner Adel MacNicol and the care charity all joined forces to create a winter fundraiser.
- 1 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 2 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 3 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 4 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients
- 7 Woman left with 'serious back injuries' after pub fight
- 8 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 9 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 10 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
The course, which starts and finishes at the Hunny Bell Inn in Hunworth has proved to be a hit with the competitors.
Last year's winner, Beach Runner Jeremy Bolam said: “It was the best cross country course that I ran last season - a good mix of hills and some nice muddy bits. Fast stretches across fields and the beautiful scenery. I discovered parts of North Norfolk that I had never seen before. I can highly recommend this course for beginners and experienced runners alike - it is great fun.”
For booking forms and more information contact Liz Holman on 01263 820710.