Run for Break
Runners take to the hills of a north Norfolk estate next month to raise money for Sheringham charity Break.A third year of muddy madness takes place on February 24 at the Stody Estate near Holt.
Runners take to the hills of a north Norfolk estate next month to raise money for Sheringham charity Break.
A third year of muddy madness takes place on February 24 at the Stody Estate near Holt.
The charity, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, is hoping that more people than ever will take part in the annual run and exceed the £2,500 raised last year.
The event is geared to all ages and abilities, so Break is keen to recruit even more young athletes this year.
You may also want to watch:
There is a two-mile under-13 event, three miles for the under-17s as well as the main five-mile course for seniors.
The run started three years ago when the North Norfolk Beach Runners, Stody estate owner Adel MacNicol and the care charity all joined forces to create a winter fundraiser.
- 1 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 2 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 5 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 6 Stunning new show at Houghton Hall set to immerse you into a meditative state
- 7 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 8 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 9 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 10 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
The course, which starts and finishes at the Hunny Bell Inn in Hunworth has proved to be a hit with the competitors.
Last year's winner, Beach Runner Jeremy Bolam said: “It was the best cross country course that I ran last season - a good mix of hills and some nice muddy bits. Fast stretches across fields and the beautiful scenery. I discovered parts of North Norfolk that I had never seen before. I can highly recommend this course for beginners and experienced runners alike - it is great fun.”
For booking forms and more information contact Liz Holman on 01263 820710.