Village artists create 'trail'
Six artists from Briston and Hunworth have created an art trail as part of Norfolk Open Studios. The group, Josie Nudd, Kate Green, Nicky Webb, Colin Bygrave, HJ Jackson and Sandi Westwood, offer printmaking, painting and glassmaking.
Six artists from Briston and Hunworth have created an art trail as part of Norfolk Open Studios.
The group, Josie Nudd, Kate Green, Nicky Webb, Colin Bygrave, HJ Jackson and Sandi Westwood, offer printmaking, painting and glassmaking. They will be happy to talk about their inspirations and techniques.
Josie Nudd, who lives next to Hunworth church, paints in acrylic and mixed media, using a combination of abstract themes from landscapes and texture. Kate Green also lives in the village and produces poetic and delicate paintings, mainly birds and animals against a decorative landscape or interior.
Nicky Webb's studio is at Wellington Road, Briston. She uses her kiln, and her embroidery training to form organic and tactile glass objects such as vases, bowls and many other objects. Briston-based Colin Bygrave makes etchings. He carries out the whole process himself.
You may also want to watch:
HJ Jackson can be found at 167 Hall Street, Briston. His open studio will include an exhibition to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the closure of the M&GN Railway, although he is best known for his prints of the declining fishing industry. Sandi Westwood's studio is just round the corner in Craymere Road. She is an oil painter, inspired by the natural world.
The studios are open on various dates between May 16 and 31. Information, including opening times for each studio and maps of the trail, will be available from local venues including the HunnyBell, Briston village shops and the tourist information office in Holt.
- 1 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 6 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Covid-19 reported at Norfolk chocolate factory
For more information please contact Sandi Westwood on 01263 862477 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All studios will be signposted.