Charismatic quartet to perform series of concerts at seaside venue
- Credit: Archant
They have been hailed as one of the most charismatic and adventurous foursomes of the British chamber music scene.
Now the Villiers Quartet are preparing for a series of performances at Wells Maltings in Wells-next-the-Sea.
The group, who are the quartet-in-residence at the University of Oxford, will play at the venue on Sundays: February 10, April 28, June 23, September 15 and November 17.
The quartet has developed an international reputation as exceptional interpreters of English composers including Elgar, Delius, Fricker, Bush.
They also provided the soundtrack for BBC1’s 2015 adaptation of Lady Chatterley’s Lover.
You may also want to watch:
The group consists of James Dickenson and Tamaki Higashi on violin, Carmen Flores on viola and Nicholas Stringfellow on cello.
The concerts start at 3pm, and tickets are £15 from the box office on 01328 710885 or online at wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'