Charismatic quartet to perform series of concerts at seaside venue
- Credit: Archant
They have been hailed as one of the most charismatic and adventurous foursomes of the British chamber music scene.
Now the Villiers Quartet are preparing for a series of performances at Wells Maltings in Wells-next-the-Sea.
The group, who are the quartet-in-residence at the University of Oxford, will play at the venue on Sundays: February 10, April 28, June 23, September 15 and November 17.
The quartet has developed an international reputation as exceptional interpreters of English composers including Elgar, Delius, Fricker, Bush.
They also provided the soundtrack for BBC1’s 2015 adaptation of Lady Chatterley’s Lover.
You may also want to watch:
The group consists of James Dickenson and Tamaki Higashi on violin, Carmen Flores on viola and Nicholas Stringfellow on cello.
The concerts start at 3pm, and tickets are £15 from the box office on 01328 710885 or online at wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages