Charismatic quartet to perform series of concerts at seaside venue
- Credit: Archant
They have been hailed as one of the most charismatic and adventurous foursomes of the British chamber music scene.
Now the Villiers Quartet are preparing for a series of performances at Wells Maltings in Wells-next-the-Sea.
The group, who are the quartet-in-residence at the University of Oxford, will play at the venue on Sundays: February 10, April 28, June 23, September 15 and November 17.
The quartet has developed an international reputation as exceptional interpreters of English composers including Elgar, Delius, Fricker, Bush.
They also provided the soundtrack for BBC1’s 2015 adaptation of Lady Chatterley’s Lover.
You may also want to watch:
The group consists of James Dickenson and Tamaki Higashi on violin, Carmen Flores on viola and Nicholas Stringfellow on cello.
The concerts start at 3pm, and tickets are £15 from the box office on 01328 710885 or online at wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life