Charismatic quartet to perform series of concerts at seaside venue
- Credit: Archant
They have been hailed as one of the most charismatic and adventurous foursomes of the British chamber music scene.
Now the Villiers Quartet are preparing for a series of performances at Wells Maltings in Wells-next-the-Sea.
The group, who are the quartet-in-residence at the University of Oxford, will play at the venue on Sundays: February 10, April 28, June 23, September 15 and November 17.
The quartet has developed an international reputation as exceptional interpreters of English composers including Elgar, Delius, Fricker, Bush.
They also provided the soundtrack for BBC1’s 2015 adaptation of Lady Chatterley’s Lover.
You may also want to watch:
The group consists of James Dickenson and Tamaki Higashi on violin, Carmen Flores on viola and Nicholas Stringfellow on cello.
The concerts start at 3pm, and tickets are £15 from the box office on 01328 710885 or online at wellsmaltings.org.uk.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission